Friday, October 22, 2010

I'm crafty!

I channeled my inner Martha yesterday while I was wrapping a gift for my friends Mae and Jon who got married last weekend in Michigan. We were invited to the wedding, but couldn't make the trip, so I'm just now getting around to wrapping her present.
I first made a gift tag using a vintagey frame I found on the graphics fairy. I opened it in Photoshop and changed the color balance so that there were pink accents (their wedding color). Then I added the text in this cool font I downloaded called Font Leroy Brown. I wish I could remember where I got it. But this site has fresh free font friday every Friday, and I've found some gems there.
I wasn't sure what I wanted to wrap it with. The only wrapping paper I have is left from Christmas and isn't really wedding appropriate. So I started looking around the house and saw some plain paper that was used to wrap and protect some frames I had just bought from TJ Maxx. Bingo! I had also bought some really pretty Martha Stewart flower stamps, so I decided to use the stamps to decorate the paper. I think it turned out pretty good.




This week I also made myself a bride t-shirt a la Wedding Chicks, where you can buy the t-shirts for $36. Mine cost me about 6 bucks! I made the logo probably a little small, but hey, I think it's cute.
I got the logo off the Wedding Chick site, too. You can have them send you their designs in custom colors here. So cool. I'm going to use their photobooth sign and I downloaded a custom monogram, too.So I requested the Bride sign in blue and green and made it slightly bigger in Photoshop and added Mrs. Whittamore underneath Bride (you can barely see it!) All in all I think it turned out pretty well.



Here are some of the customizable goodies at the Wedding Chicks blog:

1 comment:

  1. very cute t-shirt. have you been sportin' it around the house? where's the groom t-shirt for scott? y'all should take a self-timer pic of you both in your tees - that would be the shiz. ha!

    ReplyDelete