Monday, July 12, 2010

Back to Maine


I'm back in Maine! I got here yesterday to do a story on Jackson Labs. They are trying to open a branch outside of Naples, so we're here to see what they do. Pretty interesting stuff, but you can't ignore the scenery and the weather here.

Today it was 80 degrees and sunny in Bar Harbor -- a far cry from the 65 and foggy days we had here last summer. So I was itching to get out of the lab and out into nature this afternoon. So after work, the reporter and I headed straight for the top of Cadillac Mountain. Last summer Scott and I could barely see each other on top of the 1500-foot mountain, but today you could see for miles. I just wish Scott had been here to share it with me. By the way, he is finally on the road back to Florida after waiting since Thursday for it to be fixed.

Here's the view from the top of Cadillac Mountain. Absolutely breathtaking......










And this is sunset on the beach near our motel. It was so peaceful.

1 comment:

  1. Maine is incredibly beautiful!!! I have GOT to get up there. Nice pictures.

    ReplyDelete