Thursday, February 13, 2014

Someone had a birthday!

Last week Bryson turned one! It's really hard to believe it's been a year already.


For the last weekly photo, I decided to design some fabric in Photoshop and upload it to They printed it onto cotton fabric and shipped it to me. I'm quite proud of how it turned out. I used to word for "one" in many different languages and fonts to make the design.

From now on, I'll be doing his photos monthly. It's been difficult lately because he will.not.stand.still.

For his birthday party, we celebrated a few days early on Super Bowl Sunday while dad and Judy were in town. It was, of course, a football themed party.


I made him a Paleo cake made from almond and coconut flours and sweetened with maple syrup. I'm still not ready for him to have sugar and wheat flour. The frosting was really yummy and made from avocados, cacao powder and maple syrup. It sounds weird, but tasted just like chocolate pudding.

 He didn't really get into the whole smash-the-cake thing, but he did eat a little bit and seemed to like it.

 He got some great toys, including an airport and garage set from Mom and Billy and a big car from Dad and Judy. Emily and James came to town, and little James REALLY loved the car too. Here he is pushing Bryson in it.

Those two are so cute together, especially now that Bryson is walking like a champ.

We enjoyed a week with Dad and Judy. Again, they cooked, cleaned and helped take care of Bryson, which was so nice. I even got to sleep in a few days. 

On my birthday, they let me sleep until 10:00 am. Then I went to get a pedicure and ate a very nice lunch alone. It was heaven. Scott even brought me some Norman Love chocolates that afternoon. 

On Sunday, we took Bryson to the Edison Festival Junior Parade in downtown Fort Myers. He sat in his car for the entire hour-long parade and watched the floats go by. He was so good and seemed to really like it.

On Monday I took him to the doctor for his one year checkup.

 He weighs 21 lbs, 10.5 oz and is 29.5 inches tall. He gained one pound and grew one inch since his nine-month checkup.

Here's a shot of him playing in his room the other day.

And a shot of him napping on my sweet.

He's been trying to transition to one nap a day now, but most of the time it's between two and three hours. 

Here's the other weekly photos since the last post......

Ooh, and check out this video of his new sinister laugh. 

That's it for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment