Sunday, January 26, 2014

Catching up....again!

How has it been seven weeks since I last posted?

We've been so busy with the Holidays, traveling and then getting back to work that I just haven't had time to sit down and write a blog post.

Our little guy's latest development is that he is WALKING! Well, taking lots of steps anyway. Crawling lightning fast is still his preferred mode of transportation.

His first steps happened two weeks ago. He was obviously very excited and so were we. He's getting a little more control now. And tonight he stood up from sitting without a wall all by himself.

Bryson is also getting another lower tooth. (That makes three on the bottom and two on top.) I just happened to see it the other day right before it broke through. He didn't seem affected by it at all.

And his first word is definitely light or "ight." The boy is obsessed with all lights. and fans.

He also loves spoons and the mallets that came with his xylophone more than any toy he has. He carries them around everywhere.

Now let us rewind to Christmas. We celebrated early with Scott's family because we were leaving Christmas day to drive to NC. Scott's sister Emily was in town too with her husband Eric and their son James.

James and Bryson both really wanted to play with Bryson's car.

That night we walked up to the Edison & Ford Winter Estates so Bryson could see the lights. He, of course, LOVED them.

Christmas morning was pretty hectic because we were packing the car, making a nice breakfast, opening presents and trying to get out of the house and on the road to North Carolina to see Dad and Judy. We managed to get it all done and leave by 11:30 am.

Bryson pushing cousin James

We got to Dad and Judy's after driving almost 14 hours. We had to stop at Steak n' Shake for lunch and Waffle House for dinner because nothing else was open Christmas Day. We were relieved to be there finally.

Bryson was wide awake when he saw the fire truck that he could push around.....It took us a little while to get him back to sleep at 2 a.m.

It was nice to be there and have an adult-to-child ratio of 4:1. Scott and I were able to relax a little, read a lot and go out to lunch twice. Bryson took three-hour naps every day we were there, which was wonderful.

He also enjoyed the swing dad and Joshua hung in the back yard.

And Sara visited.....

And Judy loved on Bryson.....

And we went to Larry's farm to visit the cows.....

And Scott and Dad went to a Duke basketball game at Cameron.....

And we had a visit from Amanda, Robert and their kids Mattie and Evan.....

And here's the cutest photo of Bryson sleeping on Dad's shoulder.....

And on New Year's Eve we drove home. We made it home just in time to watch the ball drop on TV. Bryson was up because he was so excited to be home and playing with his toys, so we took him outside to see the neighborhood fireworks. He wasn't quite sure what to think of them.

Skipping ahead to Martin Luther King Day......We decided to take B to the Naples Zoo for the first time since Scott was off school.

Here's the weekly photos since I last posted.....

And here's a bonus photo of B with our neighbor Seneca, cruising in her Barbie Mustang a few weeks ago.....notice his hand on her thigh. so cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment