Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Two months and one day away.....

The wedding is rapidly approaching, and I have very few days off left to get everything done. I had my first fitting for my wedding dress yesterday. So exciting!

Over the past two weeks, I've been creating the invitations with the help of Scott.

I got the Martha Stewart invitation kit at Home Goods for $4.99, which included the paper and enveloped. We inserted envelope liners made from craft paper to class them up a bit. For the invitation design, I used this free customizable design from the Wedding Chicks blog, and added a tree in Photoshop. I think they turned out pretty nice. The postage cost me about 18 bucks, so that was the most expensive part. I'm so glad I opted to make my own and save a lot of money. I would have paid at least $150 or more if I had ordered them.





Yes, we added the President and Mrs. Obama to the guest list last minute. Molly told me that if you send them an invitation, you'll receive a nice letter back from them. Apparently you can invite the queen of England, too, but only British citizens will receive a reply. Who knows? Maybe the Obamas will be in North Carolina and decide to swing by for some fun.

2 comments:

  1. Will you allow Barack to smoke some cigs if he comes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If he shows, he can do whatever he wants.

    ReplyDelete