Sunday, November 7, 2010

It's garden time!

I'm a little late starting the garden this year, so on Saturday Scott and I went to Lowe's to get some more soil. Today I got two more round metal bins so we could expand our gardening area. This year I'm most excited about our purple haze carrots. Yes, PURPLE carrots! Of course we're doing some regular carrots, lettuce, squash, zucchini, broccoli raab, corn (not sure if we have enough space, but we're gonna try), and peas. I also scored 20 seed packets for $2 at Goodwill, and a lot of them were flowers. Zinnias, dahlias, sunflowers and a few others. So we'll see how that goes.



I started some of the flowers and the zucchini plants in our seed starter kit that we got last year from Park Seed. They have a great online catalog, and funny enough, their store is in Greenwood, SC, which is near my grandma Taylor's house in SC.  She gets plants from there and took me there once when I was little.

Then Scott helped me add the soil to our raised-bed garden. Here he is doing a little weed-eating around the edge. I'll post again tomorrow after I get everything planted. Though it will look pretty much the same.

2 comments:

  1. Wish I was still close by to eat a fresh garden salad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! I recently got oregano and basil for my parents' backyard and I love watching them grow!

    ReplyDelete